In India, The Indian Copyright Act 1957, amended frequently, and the Indian Copyright Rules, 1958 present a legal basis for dealing with the mechanism of protection of the copyright.
India has 5 International Copyright Agreements, which are as follows:
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic works.
- Universal Copyright Convention.
- Convention for the Protection of Producers of Phonograms against Unauthorised Duplication of their Phonograms.
- Multilateral Convention for the Avoidance of Double Taxation of Copyright Royalties.
- Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) Agreement
Remedies against Copyright Infringement in India are specified below:
- Civil Remedies
- Criminal Remedies
- Administrative Remedies